ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the Pac-12 Teams Pre-Season Edition

NoQuestionRox

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
OK, folks, now that for all intents and purposes ESPN doesn't cover the Pac-12 anymore, there is no media source to these rankings. Polls did just come out, so we have something to go on there, but as always, this is what Cal fans think. So here I go...

1. Washington - Maybe not as good as 2016, but still occupy this spot until proven otherwise
2. USC - Probably overrated as usual, with a new OL to rebuild, but always talented nonetheless
3. Stanford - Not really that high on them this year cuz I hate their OL, but D should be really good
4. WSU - Good Senior QBs always do well in the conference, and Faulk fits this bill
5. UCLA - Rosen sort of similar to Faulk, but Mora sucks as a head coach
6. OSU - Anderson in his third year and they were better than people expected in 2016
7. Oregon - Have to think Herbert is going to make sure they go to a bowl, despite D issues
8. Utah - Don't see them overcoming having most P-12 guys drafted into NFL, including 4/5 OL
9. Colorado - Like Utah, lost a ton, and don't see them being able to re-load
10. ASU - Great skill on O, Graham is defensive coach, said last year 2017 > 2016, we'll see
11. Cal - Optimistic about coaching staff, love the WRs, but OL, QB and D talent is limited
12. Arizona - Maybe they surprise, but this is all based on my belief in Wilcox over RichRod

It does feel like there is a bit of a gap between the top 4-5. If Cal and Arizona are good or better than expected, this could be the deepest the Pac-12 has ever been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News