ADVERTISEMENT

What Should a Conference-Only Schedule look like?

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
It's clear at this point that the Pac-12 is going to a conference only schedule. ADs and university leaders are meeting today to discuss just that.

With that, I wanted to see if we could get some discussion going on what you guys think a conference-only schedule should look like. Jon Wilner had his here:

I'd think there needs to be a delay in start time, back to September 12th, play 10 games over 13 weeks. The benefit of having a conference only schedule is that you can standardize protocols, and since the NCAA as a whole doesn't seem to want to provide any sort of national leadership, it comes down to the conferences to do something.

In a hypothetical 10 game schedule, you'd have to even things out with five home games, five road games. Since Cal has five home games already scheduled, you'd add a road game to one of the two schools that they're not playing, in this case Colorado (since Utah is a home game and you're already playing ASU on the road). That should lead to schedule uniformity.

There's logistics that would need to be worked out as far as travel, sanitation, and lodging, but that's on each individual school to figure out. I considered writing something about turning Alcatraz into 'Football Island,' but that never got past the idea stage

What kind of schedule would you guys like to see, if possible?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News