ADVERTISEMENT

Official Cal season prediction thread

droski

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2009
LA
with camp basically closed I figured it's time to get to predictions. as I've stated before I think this season is going to be a fine line between 4-8 and 8-4 and I think the D will have some just horrific games. So I'm splitting the difference. here are my game by game predictions (last year I predicted 7-5 and got 10 out of 12 of the outcomes correct).

Hawaii - I'm not convinced Hawaii is materially better than the FCS teams we've been playing of late - Cal wins and it's not even close early.

At SDSU - I'm not convinced SDSU is ready for prime time. I actually think they will score a lot more points than last year, but I expect cal to pull out the victory. Say 28-24 Cal. Cal wins.

Texas - Another team not ready for prime time. Cal wins a shootout because the true frosh QB throws a late INT. Cal wins.

At ASU
- Cal has won 10 out of the last 12 games against ASU. I see that trend continuing. Another shootout victory. Cal wins.

Utah
- Utah's offense is going to be legitimately terrible which is a good thing for Cal. A worry about a physical offensive line giving us problems, but hard for me to see them keeping up with Cal. Cal wins.

at OSU - I just cannot see OSU taking a big enough leap forward to win this game even given our suckatude in Corvallis historically. Cal wins.

Pump the sunshine! Cal is 6-0! Dykes is the best coach of all time! oh wait. . .

Oregon - Oregon will score 50+ on us. Just accept this and move on. Cal loses a shootout (52-47).

at USC - Short week after a likely 5 hour Oregon game. We will get rolled by USC again. Just accept this and move on. Cal loses.

UW
- We are all familiar with my skepticism about the huskies, but I think we lose some games that we really should win and this is one of them. I also don't like this after the USC demoralizing victory. Cal comes in flat and Cal loses.

at WSU - We suck in pulman and WSU likely scores 50 on us. Cal loses 49-47.

Furd - This team just isn't built to beat the furd. Cal loses.

UCLA - Rosen will go crazy and the UCLA D actually could be decent. We do know that UCLA does not play well at Cal historically though. Cal loses a sloppy game.

Games we could/should win that would get us to 8-4 (or god bless better) in order of probability of winning - UW, WSU, UCLA, and Oregon.

Games we could lose that would get us to 4-8 (or god forbid worse) in order of probability of losing - Utah, Texas, ASU, and SDSU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News