ADVERTISEMENT

2022 recruiting update

Ryan Young

Rankings don't matter
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
So from what I've been able to learn and glean, it looks like this is going to end up being a small class. There's not much more movement expected with 2022 guys. There could potentially be one more mid-year transfer, but it would have to happen by this weekend to get them in school. Otherwise, they'll likely look to add a handful more transfers by summer.

With 11 2022 guys signed, 2 more committed and expected to sign in February, and the three transfers so far, that's 16. I think 19-20 is probably going to be the cap for this class, so it's mostly set.

With that said, we're going to dive head first into the 2023 recruiting cycle. I'm going to build out a "Cal 2023 Recruiting Database" breaking down the top targets at each position, listing all the other offers at each position as well, and making that a landing spot for all of our coverage links. So if you ever want to know where things stand, you can hop on there and see the very latest. Matt and I will update it constantly.

I need another week to fully put that together, though, and get a firm grasp on who the true priority guys are for 2023, but it's coming.

You all have been incredibly patient through this transition, which came unexpectedly for you, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that. With Jesse firing up regular content in a couple weeks, Nathan dropping in his analysis/film breakdown pieces, and Matt and I starting to hammer away at the 2023 recruiting picture, I know you're going to be happy with the product that comes from that patience.

Basketball-wise, I'm working to get linked up with the basketball SID so I can be part of all the Zoom media sessions going forward. They are still doing all media via Zoom, so me being here in L.A. actually is no different basketball-wise than if I was in Berkeley. I have reached out on the basketball front, we just haven't talked, but as soon as I'm linked up there I will give you basketball content the rest of the season. Jesse might pitch in here or there, but his focus will be football and I want him cranking out a lot of good 2022 look-ahead content.

As always, hit me with any questions!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News