ADVERTISEMENT

Where 2020 Cal hoops targets stack up in the latest Rivals 150

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Rivals released their 150 rankings for the 2020 class. I will post below where all the Cal targets (offers/interest) stack up and then share which recruits I actually feel Cal has a real shot with (something @ayetee11 and others are rightfully much more interested in).

#2. 5-star SG Jalen Green.

#4. 5-star SF Scottie Barnes (no offer).

#5. 5-star PG R.J. Hampton.

#6. 5-star SF Greg Brown III.

#9. 5-star SF Ziaire Williams.

#12. 5-star SG Josh Christopher.

#14. 5-star PG Jalen Suggs.

#18. 5-star SG Kyree Walker.

#22. 5-star SF Johnny Juzang.

#26. 4-star SG Nimari Burnett.

#32. 4-star SG Dalen Terry.

#37. 4-star SF Julian Strawther.

#43. 4-star SF Jabri Abdur-Rahim.

#53. 4-star SF Marcus Bagley (no offer).

#57. 4-star SF Jaylen Clark.

#69. 4-star PF Isaiah Cottrell.

#75. 4-star PF Terren Frank.

#136. 3-star C Dishon Jackson.

Out of this group, the guys who I feel Cal has a real shot with are Dalen Terry, Dishon Jackson, and Marcus Bagley. Terry because his family is really close with David Grace, Jackson because he's a local recruit who seems to like the idea of staying close to home, and Bagley because he's another local guy. His older brother Marvin Bagley III is balling for the Sacramento Kings and I could see him wanting to stay close to his brother during his college years.

The other 2020 recruit who I feel Cal has really good odds with is Tramon Mark, but he didn't make the list. He's another Chris Walker recruit who played AAU with Charles Smith IV, Darius McNeill, and Jacobi Gordon. Cal feels like he's a virtual lock. I also think Boubacar Coulibaly (not on the list) is a real possibility at the moment given the lack of competition.

There's a second tier of guys who Cal is really trying with, but feel more like reaches at the moment. Julian Strawther is saying nice things about Wyking, but until a visit happens, he's in this category. Isaiah Cottrell has a ton of schools on him, but I know Cal is really trying with him. Same with Terren Frank. I'm putting Ziare Williams in this group because they did offer him early, have been making contact with him, and he's a high academic kid from California, so he fits the profile of what they're looking for. I just see him going to either Stanford or North Carolina at the moment, though.

Johnny Juzang is another guy they're on, but he seems to be looking elsewhere (USC or UCLA would be my guess). Jaylen Clark is in this tier as well. He feels like a kid likely to go elsewhere, but David Grace could reel him in.

As for Nimari Burnett, given he's a Prolific Prep dude, I see him wanting to go to a more visible program. The Prolific Prep guys in general, aren't the best candidates just because they seem much more focused on the hoops side of things and less on the academic side. That's why I don't think he's as serious of a candidate for Stanford as he makes himself out to be.

The rest are guys who I feel are out of Cal's league at the moment. I know they were in to see Scottie Barnes and I'm not against them doing that, especially since he also balls with 2019 commit Logan Alters, but I don't see him coming to Cal. Kyree Walker, same kinda thing. They're in to see him frequently, but it feels like a waste of time. Josh Christopher should at least be in tier two, but the whole Theo thing puts him in this third tier. I think Mizzou is a real challenger there. Same with Jabri Abdur-Rahim. Cal should be a contender for him, but for whatever reason, only Tim O'Toole was really interested in him or keeping contact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News