ADVERTISEMENT

Visit recap: 2024 4-star QB Demond Williams Jr. impressed on trip to Cal

Matt Moreno

Really Flying Around Out There
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Four-star quarterback Demond Williams Jr. is one of the top recruits in Arizona regardless of class. The top-75 prospect visited Cal last weekend and picked up an offer from the Bears, and he came away really impressed by what he saw during his time on campus. He has a preexisting relationship with Kenny Hill that helped push the process forward, but he came away with a good feeling about how he could potentially fit in with Bill Musgrave's offense. People tend to look at his size because he is only 5-foot-11, but he is one of the most productive quarterbacks in the class having passed for over 4,400 yards in two years as a starter. He also ran for over 600 yards last season and rushed for 14 touchdowns in addition to passing for 20 touchdowns.

He's a good one and someone plenty of other schools are already making an effort to land in this process. Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State are the other schools that have hosted him on visits so far this year. Cal is in a good spot in the early going.

“It was great, honestly. I loved it. I loved talking to the OC, coach Musgrave, and my relationship with coach Hill is crazy. I’ve known him for a bout a year and a half now. I met him at the TCU camp last year. We clicked ever since. They got good stuff going on around there.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.