ADVERTISEMENT

Psaltis&Singer

dan 123

Shining. 365 days a week.
Jul 28, 2010
In the FWIW dept, I have a recollection which may shed a small light into the current discussion regarding Singers' unwillingness to shoot. USC used to have a guard( in those days, they were simply called guards ) by the name of Tony Psaltis. Tony, a S.F. lad was almost 6/4. He was thick, a good athlete, and, although never a great shooter, he was a better shooter than Singer. Tony was first string as a soph and also as a junior. Halfway through his senior season, Tony totally lost confidence in his shooting. He rarely shot, and, his coach, Forrest Twogood, finally benched him for the following reason- " I had to take him out of the lineup-- he simply wouldn't shoot!" I forget whether Twogood had an adequate replacement for Psaltis. CM's options at this point are severely limited. After the spring signing period, CM will have more options at his disposal ( wishful thinking?) Just thought I'd share that memory. PS-- Tony was hardly a walk-on--he was first string all-city three years in a row for Mission High School.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News