ADVERTISEMENT

Offer update: Cal among schools pushing hardest for 2023 Texas WR

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Cal recently emerged with an offer for 2023 high three-star Arlington, Texas (Bowie HS) receiver Kelby Valsin. He has continued to add offers this offseason with some impressive camp and seven-on-seven showings coming out of a big junior season. Valsin, whose brother Jimmy plays at Oregon State, has only played one season of high school football after taking his attention away from the game to focus on basketball as a freshman and sophomore. He played football growing up so the game isn't unfamiliar, so he quickly made the adjustment last season leading to a bunch of schools becoming involved. Cal, he says, is one of the schools making the hardest push right now after offering him a couple weeks ago. The staff went out to his school during January, so the relationship goes beyond just the last couple weeks. Still, it is a program he is still learning about. He has no date set for a visit but does plan to make it out to Berkeley either this spring or in the summer.

“They’ve been looking at me for a while, actually. So, it was nice getting that offer from them. ... I really like coach [Burl] Toler. He seems like a very genuine person and a genuine coach. I’m looking forward to getting out there very soon.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News