ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Summer League standouts

NoQuestionRox

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
Don't know how many of you have caught these games, but I've watched bits and pieces of them and am curious if others here have. More to the point, who has stood out?

Here are some for me:

Jaren Jackson - I understand Ayton is a physical freak, and Doncic is obviously talented, but man, Jackson would be hard to turn down as the #1 pick if they re-did it again.

Marvin Bagley - He played Ayton yesterday and IMO outplayed him. Showed more effort, competitiveness, assertiveness, and more skills.

Harry Giles - Probably doesn't have the explosiveness he would have had before two ACL tears, but dude is quite skilled and smooth.

Kevin Knox - Knick fans booed his selection, but I think they will be very pleased with him in a couple years.

Mikael Bridges - Suns certainly got a good one in this kid. Great defender, long arms, looks more athletic than I remember from Villanova, and can knock down NBA three.

Not impressed by Deandre Ayton at all in the two games I saw him play. No intensity and just sort of floating around looking for lob dunks.

There may be other guys on other teams I haven't seen that showed out, but these are the ones I saw. Anyone else have any others they've been impressed by in Summer League?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News