ADVERTISEMENT

Visit recap: High three-star QB Jaron Sagapolutele breaks down "amazing" Cal OV

Matt Moreno

Really Flying Around Out There
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Jaron Sagapolutele is Cal's top target at the quarterback position and may be the top target overall in the class right now. The Ewa Beach (Hawaii) Campbell standout signal caller is on the rise following a standout performance at the Elite 11 last week, and the Bears have made a big play for him in recent weeks. He wrapped up his June official visit schedule with a trip to Berkeley over the weekend, and the Bears made him feel like a top priority throughout the stay. That sounds to be holding a lot of weight as he now settles in to make a decision.

Sagapolutele doesn't have a set timetable for making his choice, but the Bears have positioned themselves well as he assesses his options. Boise State, Utah State and Oregon State all hosted him on official visits as well, but Cal was able to get him out for the coveted last summer visit potentially putting the Bears in great position to land his commitment that sounds like it will be coming in the not-too-distant future.

"I think the Cal visit overall was an amazing visit. They had everything. They really checked off all the boxes just in terms of their playbook, the coaching, their overall scheme and just how they are as a team. I think it was a really great visit, and I was super blessed to be able to go there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News