ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Full Scrimmage Today with 3 Refs Officiating

Harky4

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2011
Orinda, CA
I attended the full and officiated scrimmage today and was impressed with the overall talent that we have and our team's obvious good chemistry. Our coaching staff of Mark, Maz, Ammorow, Ken, Matt and Jarred really teaches our players constantly and seems to be putting in place more complex sets on both ends of the court. The Blue team (presumed starters) were Maddy, Andrei, Rytis, OJ and Jovan. The Gold team was Lee, BJ, Christian, Jeremiah and Spencer. To illustrate our depth, the bench Gold team won the scrimmage in a highly contested match (I was worried about a few players getting hammered by not so friendly fire). We do not have a real go-to player like JT was last season. OJ can get way-way up with a fantastic ability to sky and produced the OMG dunk of the day as he moved like a lightning bolt along the baseline. Jeremiah is a star in the making and does not look like a frosh (and may have the best 3 point stroke of the team). Andrei and Rytis are just solid and hustle constantly. Jovan is a very heady PG at age 25 but is small which could be a problem when he has to match up with much bigger PGs in the ACC, Mady and Lee give us the best rim protection in many years, possibly since Leon Powe was with us. I see an 8-9 rotation with several backups in the event of injuries that will be decent.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.