ADVERTISEMENT

Latest: Update with 2022 OL commit Jackson Brown (1/16)

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Here's a little late-night reading for you all. I caught up with Cal OL commit Jackson Brown to get a clear understanding of where he is at in the recruiting process after not signing with the Bears a month ago. After listening to him during the conversation it is clear Cal is still very much at the forefront of his mind, but he does want to see the process through until the end. Now, anytime a recruit does that there is always the chance it ends with him signing elsewhere. I do think there is a chance he ultimately decides to go elsewhere, but as he told me the decision by Justin Wilcox to stay at Cal versus head to Oregon holds a lot of weight with him. If there is something that ultimately wins him over with the Bears I think it could be that.

Here's a key excerpt from my conversation with him, which you can read in its entirety by hitting the link up top.

“We still have the same relationship we have always had. Coach Wilcox turning down the Oregon job was huge for me just seeing that he’s committed to building a great program at Cal. Coach McClure, me and him are really tight. Then all these other coaches, too. Everything has been good talking with the players, too. I talked with Jermaine Terry. He wanted to see where I was at. He went through the same thing, and didn’t know where he was going until Signing Day because he had all these schools coming after him. So, it’s been good.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News