ADVERTISEMENT

Latest: 2023 DB Maliki Crawford sets Cal official visit

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Cal is among the schools staying most consistent in the process with cornerback recruit Maliki Crawford. He enjoyed his time on campus in March and has now set an official visit with the Bears in June. It is one of two official visits he has planned that month so far with USC being the other school. He is still working on setting up other visits, but it is a positive sign that the Bears have secured one of his summer official visits. RJ Jones continues to put make it clear to him that he is wanted with the Bears, and that relationship has certainly helped the process overall.

“Things with Cal have been going great. One of my homies from my 7-on-7 team he committed there, so he’s after me pretty hard. What stands out to me is that’s a defensive staff. The head coach is a defensive guy. Obviously, you got the D-coordinator. You got two defensive backs coaches on the staff and the best FCS corners coach [Allen Brown] on the staff as well, as an analyst. So, they’re definitely trying to build that DBU out at Cal. So, that’s something that stands out to me as well.”

You can read my full update with Crawford at the link up top. He says he is not in any kind of rush to make his commitment since he already feels like he rushed into one time with his previous pledge to UCLA. So he is not sticking to any specific timeline though he wants to continue taking visits.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News