Checking in with Cal WR target Tavian McNair

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com
fmgyfdbzrsxyoso56dfb

Three-star receiver Tavian McNair has an impressive offer list, and he is soon set to begin the most important stretch of his recruitment. The Corona-Centennial recruit will begin his official visits with a trip to Arizona State next week followed by trips to Utah, Cal and Kansas. He is also hoping to set visits with Georgia, Texas A&M and Washington State before the dead period.

The Bears have remained among the most active programs in his recruitment, and he's already been on campus before. His last trip was for last month's spring showcase, and the connection with Cal has helped him build a strong relationship with the staff — particularly receivers coach Burl Toler III.

I caught up with the Cal priority target to discuss his upcoming official visit with the team plus was able to get a better feel for where he's at overall in the process heading into his busy month. Right now his plan is to decide by the beginning of July, so it will be a crucial stretch for the 6-foot-1 pass catcher who looked great at the Millikan Tournament of Champions on Saturday.

"It's a great coaching staff. Coach Marshall (Cherrington), great guy. Coach Burl (Toler), great guy. Coach (Mike) Bloesch, great guy. I love them all. ... Coach Burl shows love all the time. He constantly checks in on me. Coach Bloesch and the whole coaching staff loves me, and they keep checking in on me. It's been good."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News