ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes: 2018 3-star C Tolu Jacobs Yaffa

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
I just interviewed 2018 3-star center Tolu Jacobs Yaffa, who is a true 7-footer. The staff really likes him and sees him as a guy who could be a nice replacement for Kingsley Okoroh as a rim protecting big. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

"First of all, getting to know the new staff and trying to learn what’s going on and the plans he has for the future. I feel it’s a good program and the people around are great people. I feel it’s going to be a great process." -Tolu Jacobs Yaffa on his relationship with the Cal staff.

"Honestly, I’ve really been putting in countless hours. My game has changed a lot from last year. The biggest thing I feel has changed is my body. I’m in tip top shape and I don’t get tired. I’ve gotten faster and gotten better at protecting the rim. That’s what I want to do with my game. Everybody can score, but not everybody can defend. I’m trying to take my game to be an elite defender. We haven’t really spoken about the roles yet. They’re trying to get to know everybody and build that relationship. They want to get to know everybody first and then we can talk about roles and what to do." -Tolu Jacobs Yaffa on his game.

"Nevada is really the hottest along with Butler and Utah State. UC Davis, UC-Santa Barbara and Stanford. Stanford, they’re really doing a good job recruiting so I respect them, too." -Tolu Jacobs Yaffa on who else is in the picture (all schools mentioned have offered).

"Right now I’m just staying focused on getting better, taking my game to the next level and just honestly I want to get better. I want to play through July and see what happens. A lot of people haven’t seen me play through these last few months. I think by September I should have cut the list down."-Tolu Jacobs Yaffa on a decision timeline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.