ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with Jack Wilson

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just spoke with 2018 center Jack Wilson of Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo. First off, he is 7'1", 260 pounds. I have updated his profile accordingly, but it may take a little while for the system to show the changes. So, just a heads up on that. I will now list key quotes from our conversation. The rest will be saved for the article.

“I play hard, I’m really passionate about the game. I go out there and play hard. Whether it’s rebounding, being an overall good low post player. I’ve really taken pride in that. I rebound, score in the post, and work on my mid-range jumper.”-Jack Wilson on his game.

“Coach O’Toole, I got to know him when I was young. I went to the Stanford camps and he worked with the big men. I caught his eye and I caught Cuonzo Martin’s eye. I started getting in contact with them in mid-July. I went up there with my mom and I got to meet some of the players. I really enjoyed it. Then after that, I went up a couple of weeks later with my dad.”-Jack Wilson on his relationship with the Cal staff.

Cal has offered and I know he's visited Stanford, but I'm not sure if they've offered. He'll visit Oregon State and Nevada in a couple of weeks, too. The rest of his offers are mid majors. Montana, USF (San Francisco), San Jose State, Pacific, and Portland.

“That comes into it a lot. UC Berkeley, it’s big-time academics. Academics matter a lot to me. At the same time, I want to play Division 1 basketball in a place that will suite me the best. The academics at Cal, I think it’s cool. It’s pretty exciting.”-Jack Wilson on academics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News