ADVERTISEMENT

Cal MBB vs. the Vegas line spread in the non-conference

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Below is a breakdown of how Cal men’s basketball has performed against the Vegas spread during the non-conference portion of the season.

For those that aren’t super into Vegas spreads, the Vegas spread is supposed to measure how teams should perform relative to their competition. A win against the spread means a team did better than the bookies in Vegas thought they would do. A loss against the spread means a team did worse than the bookies in Vegas thought they would do. No opinions coming from me in this thread. Just the facts and stats.

Note
: Positive numbers mean Cal beat the spread by that amount. Negative numbers mean Cal lost to the spread by that amount. If I made a miscalculation anywhere, my apologies. I crunched these numbers myself.

November 5th-
Pepperdine was favored by 2.0 points at Cal. Cal won 87-71. Cal won +18 against the spread.

November 12th-Cal was favored by 3.0 against UNLV in Berkeley. Cal won 79-75 in OT. Cal won +1 against the spread.

November 15th-Cal was favored by 4.5 against Cal Baptist in Berkeley. Cal won 82-62. Cal won +15.5 against the spread.

November 18th-
Cal was favored by 14.5 against Prairie View A&M in Berkeley. Cal won 54-50. Cal lost -10.5 against the spread.

November 21-Duke was favored by 18.5 at a neutral site. Duke won 87-52. Cal lost -16.5 against the spread.

November 22-Texas was favored by 10.5 at a neutral site. Texas won 62-45. Cal lost -6.5 against the spread.

November 26-Cal was favored by 11.5 in Berkeley against UC Davis. Cal won 72-66. Cal lost by -5.5 against the spread.

December 4-San Francisco was favored by 8.5 in San Francisco. San Francisco won 76-64. Cal lost by -3.5 against the spread.

December 7-Santa Clara was favored by 5.0 in Santa Clara. Santa Clara won 71-52. Cal lost by -14 against the spread.

December 11-Fresno State was favored by 1.0 in Berkeley. Cal won 69-63. Cal won by +7 against the spread.

December 14-Saint Mary's was favored by 8.5 in Berkeley. Saint Mary’s won 89-77. Cal lost by -3.5 against the spread.

December 21-Boston College by 2 at a neutral site. Boston College won 64-60. Cal lost by -2.0 against the spread.

December 29-Harvard was favored by 3.5 in Berkeley. Harvard won 71-63. Cal lost by -4.5 against the spread.

Against the spread as a whole in the non-conference, Cal has a record of 4-9. In their last 10 games, they are 1-9 against the spread.

In their first three games Cal had a +34.5 point differential against the spread, averaging a +11.5 victory against the spread per game. In their final 10 games, Cal had a -59.5 differential against the spread, averaging a -5.95 loss to the spread per game.

As a whole, Cal has a -25 differential against the spread on the season, averaging a -1.92 loss to the spread per game. Cal’s biggest margin of victory against the spread this season is +18 in their regular season opener against Pepperdine at home. Cal’s biggest margin of defeat to the spread is -16.5 against Duke at Madison Square Garden.

Reactions: Rollonyoumatt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News