ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball FYI

Harky4

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2011
Orinda, CA
A donors' Zoom was held tonight. I really find myself more supportive than ever of Mark as a really good HC who cares about making Cal relevant once again as a top tier team in the PAC and a dancer in March. Because of concerns about not publicizing more detailed information that was intended to remain in house, I will relay some general disclosed updates. On the injury front, Makale is confirmed to not be right physically and will need post-season surgery. Shepard's injured hand limits his effectiveness. Bowser, and likely DJ Thorpe, are redshirts. Our roster will be limited Sunday against AZ without a specific disclosure as to why (Covid might be a guess in this day and age of contagious Omicron which produces volumes of positive tests). Our 2 commits are intended to help make us bigger and more physical and come with great resumes. Our current focus for recruiting is a PG who can shoot which is not very surprising. Per Knowlton, the practice facility's site is set and donated by UC. Now, an RFP to quantify the costs of construction is in progress which will be followed by the all important fund raising campaign (Cal requires all major projects to be fully funded before a shovel is put in the ground). Besides the obvious issues associated with being the only PAC team without a dedicated practice facility, it was mentioned that our weight program has to be conducted both inside and outside in a restricted fashion, because the inside weight facility's floor has weight limits which do not allow for the full range of proper training.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News