ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Linebackers to look out for

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
I went into a little more detail the other day about the defensive line, but since linebackers are a position of need (with 3 guys on the inside leaving in Davison, Downs, and Anoa'i) here's a few guys that they've offered that they're looking at.

(Mostly ILBs since OLBs will be DEs at the HS level)

ILB Jack Lamb

A Dykes era offer who has blown up this spring, going to visit at some point this spring, no specific date yet, but he's good in space and pass coverage, while being a solid tackler

OLB Kana'i Mauga

Part of the Hawaii/Utah outreach in recruiting that Tuioti and Tuiasosopo are helping to put in place. A lot of the common thread I see in these guys is pass coverage skills, he's also good off the edge, in a role that Cameron Goode was playing during the last open practice. One of my favorite linebackers that they've offered.

ILB Ben Wilson

Best tackler in the state of Washington, is currently playing baseball, but will try to take a visit down to Cal sometime after. Rangy player from the middle linebacker spot.

OLB Salua Masina

Masina is a vicious hitter off the edge, just the kind that you need, not the size of some of the DEs they've moved over, but he's got talent. He looks to have gotten faster since his measurements on Hudl, he's faster than the 5 second 40 they have for him. Another Tuioti/Tuiasosopo guy from Utah

ILB MJ Tafisi

Hits like a goddamn truck. Nephew of former Bear DL Nu'u Tafisi. Family influence is there. With what Cal wants to do with their ILBs (3-4 inside backers usually just clean up while linemen occupy gaps), Tafisi would be the guy for the job. Need to get a read more on a visit, but Cal likes him (though they like all of these guys)

There's a few more on the offer list that I need to go to (Deandre Fitz-Henley would be one of them), but these are they guys to start

Reactions: moonpod
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News