ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcox: On Phillip Lindsay and the Colorado Offense

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
Video of him is here, transcription will be below

How have guys prepared this week and what is the mood here?

Yeah, again, another good week of practice, one thing the guys have always done is come back win or lose and came back and had a purpose in practice, I think there’s an edge that we’re gonna need, I think we need to play with a chip on our shoulder, it’s a hungry group of guys. So that helps you obviously with your preparation and they’ve done a good job of that.

What have your impressions been of Phillip Lindsay?

He’s a really good player obviously, he’s been really productive for them for a long time, he’s a good runner, he catches the ball. He kinda does everything, he’s a complete back and, ton of respect for him and he’s hard to bring down. Not a lot of people tackle him one on one and if they do he pushes the pile. He runs behind his pads, so it’ll be a good challenge for us.

He doesn’t look big, but he’s moving guys backwards

Yeah, he just, you don’t see him go backwards, that’s a thing that jumps off the tape, and he can take it the distance, he’s got plenty of speed, but you don’t see him take many negative plays.

Is there any reason why their scoring is down this year?

I think they’re a really good offense, I think last week is an outlier for them, in every other game they’ve been really productive. They’re very multiple, they’ve got many different run schemes, really every run in the book. They’re well coached, and their quarterback, with the RPO game and the quarterback run issue they present you with, so I think they’ve done a really good job. They’re well coached, they’ve got good players, we’re going to have to play really well.

Why aren’t they getting to the end zone as much?

Probably better to ask them that, I watched the tape and they’re very good on offense.

Do you see anything within their game that shows why they don’t turn the ball over often?

I think it’s just probably culture of the program, paying attention to the details. I think coach Mac does a fantastic job since he’s been there of getting better and better. They don’t beat themselves and that’s a sign of a well coached team.

How has the offensive line come together this week?

Guys have been practicing really hard and in a perfect world you play with five all season, it doesn’t always happen that way. Guys have had to learn multiple positions and coach Greatwood does an unbelievable job with preparing them, so they’ve had three really good days of practice so far and need to finish off the week strong.

Have Addison’s snaps gotten better in practice this week?

Yeah, he’s done a nice job this week, I know that’s something he wants to clean up and we need him to. Addison’s played a lot of football here, played a lot this year, it’s something, one of those little things that became an issue last week and something he needs to clean up.

Other than kicks going farther is their much difference playing at altitude?

No, I mean, you said it, the ball will travel a little bit further in the kicking game, but no, and we rotate enough on offense and defense that it won’t be an issue.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News