ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the New GoldenBearReport

CalRivalsStaff

Andrew Luck's Neckbeard
Silver Member
Apr 28, 2015
We’re excited to introduce our new team to you. Some faces may look familiar, starting from the top.

Marc Tausend will be taking over as publisher after serving as lead Football and Football Recruiting writer the past two and a half years. Prior to joining Golden Bear Report, he served in a similar capacity at California Golden Blogs for a little over two years. A 2004 Cal grad, Marc was a member of the Rugby team from 1999-2004; winning four national championships and being named a Collegiate All-American three times. He earned his degree in History, where he first learned the art of using the written word to answer a question how you want to…not how it was asked.

When it comes to assuming his new role, Marc doesn’t mince words:

“This was a tremendous opportunity for me and I could not be more excited. I’m fortunate to have had some great mentors during my time covering Cal sports, and Grant in particular is someone I owe a lot to. I’m ready to bring our subscribers some great content, and that begins and ends with compiling the best team of Cal writers out there. I think I’ve done that and hope that our online community enjoys the results.”

Lindsay Brauner is staying on as GBR’s lead Basketball Writer and will continue to furnish the site with comprehensive coverage of all things basketball and basketball recruiting, while also sprinkling in the kind of riveting, in-depth feature work that only she can do.

Lindsay is a third-generation Cal grad whose aunts and uncles (as well as grandmother and great-aunts and uncles) all bleed the blue and gold of their alma mater.

An experienced writer and TV personality, Lindsay possesses an extensive knowledge of the intricacies of both AAU and college basketball. She graduated from Cal in 2013 with honors degrees in both French and Comparative Literature, and was the main tutor for the men's basketball team throughout her tenure at the school. Throughout middle and high school, Lindsay travelled around the country to tournaments with her AAU team, the Mission Rec Rebels, and has had her hair entirely cornrowed more times than she'd like to admit (pictures of this were burned out of courtesy to the rest of humanity). She remains close friends with many of her AAU teammates, one of whom is Tierra Rogers, to this day. In high school, Lindsay was a four-year varsity starting combo-guard, and led her high school league in three-pointers. She still plays pickup basketball four days a week, and is currently working on her windmill dunk, which she says "could use only slight improvement." Before joining the team here last year, you may have seen her writing at California Golden Blogs and you probably didn't see it online at KCRA3, where she worked as a high school sports reporter and writer. She has also done work for CBS Sports Network, Cal TV, and ESPN W/U.

We’d also like to introduce the new member of our team, Nam Le. Nam comes to Golden Bear Report after two years writing with California Golden Blogs, where he covered football and football recruiting. A 2013 Cal grad who majored in English, he shares a bit about his passion for the Golden Bears:

"One of my fondest childhood memories was watching my dad walk across the Greek Theater when I was eight -- he was the first person in my family to graduate from an American university, and he did it while juggling a side job waiting on tables at a Vietnamese restaurant...and raising his two children, to boot. With how much I admire him, I didn't really have a choice but to be a Golden Bear after that, and in 2013, I'm proud to say that I was able to follow his example to a T.

Of all the things I love about Cal, I think the biggest thing for me is probably the passion of the student body and community. No matter who you are or what you're studying, if you've made it to Cal, you're a driven individual in some aspect of your life, and the diversity of that drive means that you're going to come into contact with so many different types of people, so many different perspectives and cultures, even if you're just walking casually around the campus. Okay, I lied. It's either that or Bongo Burger. As far as what I'm bringing to the table, I'd say my enthusiasm to provide deep, informative, and well-measured writing and analysis on the Cal football program. That's something that I've been doing for a few years since before I got to Rivals, and it's something I'd still be doing even if I didn't have an audience, to be honest”.

To GoldenBearReport subscribers that are new to the Rivals network, we say welcome. Rivals is the oldest and largest recruiting network in the world. Rivals is the only network to run its own football camps and combines, so users get tons of exclusive recruiting stories and video.

To longtime GoldenBearReport customers, we say thanks for sticking with us during this exciting change. We're confident that GBR will still be the place to go for the most comprehensive coverage of Cal Athletics.

Let us know how we're doing -- email our group at CalRivalsStaff@yahoo.com or shoot us a Private Message. We want to hear from you. We want this site to be everything you want for the very best Cal coverage anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News