ADVERTISEMENT

Tosh and academics

BearBassics

Huge Napolitano Supporter
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2008
When Tosh left, everyone was furious at him for two reasons:

1) How he turned on Tedford and the old staff immediately, poaching some of our former commits and potentially even recruiting for UDub while on a Cal visit.
2) How he negatively recruited AGAINST our university, telling recruits that Cal wouldn't help them graduate and they were better off going elsewhere.

In my mind, even though the first reason was isolated to Tedford and Tosh's relationship (which went south for a lot of reasons that have been well-documented), the second reason was why he could never come back to Cal even after Tedford was gone.

However, now that it's been very well-documented how Cal's football staff actually DIDN'T have their house in order in the later Tedford years and really wasn't supporting athletes academically, I've started to see the second issue in a different light-- he was just calling a spade a spade and when it was clear that Tedford didn't have a handle on things, he got out before the program fell apart. I no longer fully believe Tosh betrayed his university and I could one day see him wearing the blue and gold again, especially now that we have a program that is committed to helping our student-athletes graduate (which is something I think would matter to a former Cal student-athlete like Tosh).

Anyone else feel the same way? Am I just being delusional? Would this line of thinking help convince donors to let him come back?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News