ADVERTISEMENT

Teleconference Notes: 10-30 (Dykes, P. Mekari, Weaver)

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
Going to transcribe these more thoroughly in the morning, but here are my notes

Sonny

Cochran’s health

Prognosis was a little better than originally thought, may have a chance to play Saturday

Drayden didn’t practice

Having a couple of days made a big difference, thought they had a really good practice

On Tedford’s influence

Always a collective effort, haven't seen much different, what Petersen has done has been consistent since his time at Boise State, but they’ll use the collective brainpower

They do a really nice job executing, don’t turn it over, make a lot of big plays in their passing game, do a nice job on 1st down, they’ve got a lot experience, guys have been playing a lot better

About Mekari

When we’ve needed to step up and play, he’s played well, done a nice job whichever position he’s been put into

On Browning

Helps that they get an early lead, different mentality of playing with a lead. Correlation between the good TD to INT ratio comes from good defense, he’s making good decisions, not under as much pressure, does a nice job of managing the game. Not turning it over is a bit of a team effort

On that topic w/Webb

Looking at the situations Davis has been in, with 3rd and long, more inclined with forcing the passes, mindset comes from the situations

What you’re looking for on defense

Got to stop the run, got to tackle, when guys have broken to the 2nd level, tackling hasn’t been good, some of that’s an experience thing. We’ve given up more big plays in the run game that we need to. Hurt us against OSU, USC, SDSU. We’re playing against good backs, and we’re going to play another good one this week

Getting off to a great start

Our games have been strange, the one thing we’ve done well consistently is play hard. Thursday excepted, we’ve found a way to get back into the game. It certainly helps when we get off to a good start, it’s a 60 minute game, but it does help to get off to a quick start. It’d help us tremendously to get off to a quick start

On 26 (Sidney Jones) for Washington

Typically plays on the right side of the offense. They’ve got good athletes, and they’re long, Points out 20 (Kevin King) and 3 (Darren Gardenhire), somewhat similar to last week in what we’ve seeing with good corners.

Patrick Mekari

How would you evaluate how you performed against USC

Obviously there’s a lot of things you’ve got to focus on with fundamentals, better hand placement, better punch, better footwork

Worked in with Aaron during practice

Washington’s ability to rush the passer with a 4 man rush

Obviously they’re a great defense, think we can play with them if we work on our fundamentals and stay focused

On pressure of playing LT

There’s pressure on all of us, but with the preparation of what Coach Jones and Coach Hamilton do helps us out on Saturdays

Benefit of having his brother

Having someone around to guide you, having someone around makes me better, live together off-campus, always together, very competitive with each other

Being the guy who can replace almost everyone, how do you prepare for DL strength

It’s a lot more film watching, have to study the defense a little more, gotta work at several positions, but I do whatever I can do to help my team win

Evan Weaver

On defending the run and what he’s seen from Washington

They have a great OL, backs, Heisman contender, but gotta get the push up field, if we can win each play, then we should be good

Self Evaluation

I see myself a getting better every week, was hesitant getting of the ball initially, all the upperclassmen have helped me to grow, tips from Wilson and Tate so I try to absorb what I can

On home wins

We are a good team at home, we’ve got to fix a bunch of things from USC, but when we do, we’ll feel confident

On being in pads this week

Being able to have the live drills helps, didn’t have that last week, makes you better when you can work with pads

Growing up in the Eastern Half of the state and rooting for Marshawn

Seahawks fan since he was born, been through the ups and the downs, loved Marshawn, mentions the Beast Quake, tries to pick his brain whenever he’s around

On being a guy from Washington

Playing at home, family can see the game, when I get to go to Washington, it’s going to be fun, lot of family set to come to the Wazzu game, but he’s focused on Washington at the moment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News