ADVERTISEMENT

Some good things from last night

Calhoopfan

Drinking John Elway's Tears
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
We won coming off a bye week

We came out fast and got an early lead

We were beat up and depleted and our depth for the most part showed up and played well. Jordan K wasn't just the hero at the end, he had the best game any LB has had for the Bears this year. I thought Drayden and Beck looked really solid for true frosh at CB.

We're a tough team, no depth at DT, Mekari and Looney both had injuries and both played through them.

Our OL is good, like very solidly good. Love to see us getting better along the LOS.

Spavital is a good play caller. When we needed the right play on offense, 65% of the time he called the perfect one.

I thought our defensive gameplan was solid coming into the game. We dared Oregon's young QB to beat us with his arm and we stifled much of their running game. Tip your cap to the young Duck signal caller, he played really well. Honestly, our defense relative to their talent had but one facet of the game where they were poor and that was our pass rush. Tackling was the best I've seen all year.

We beat Oregon - One of the big 4!! :) Perhaps those that dismiss the value of this will recognize how good our win was vs WSU last year and even our road win vs. UW. And more importantly, how really good our victory over Utah was this year.

We're 7 games into the season and six of them have been close games. The sense of being overmatched that we've had in 20%+ of our games for 6+ years seems to be behind us. USC will test that as everything about that game screams blowout loss. I'll be there in person and will go believing we need to be a 2 TD underdog. Yet, I wouldn't count this group out. They are fighters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News