ADVERTISEMENT

Roseville PressTribune article on Cal recruit 6'10" Jordan Brown

vineyardview

Drinking John Elway's Tears
Jul 8, 2001
Healdsburg, CA
http://ht.ly/RJiu3018nXw
CkmjXT3UUAENWXN.jpg:large

The sweat dripped down his brow, off his cheek and hit the hardwood floor Tuesday morning inside Woodcreek High School’s gymnasium as sophomore sensation Jordan Brown worked tirelessly on his game.

The 6-foot-10 center perfected his hook shot, set screens and rolled to the basket countless times, slamming home a furry of dunks this week, all in preparation for the 2016 Team USA Basketball Training Camp and tryouts beginning today in Colorado Springs.

“It was a great experience for me (playing for Team USA last year), being able to play with the top competition from around the country was a honor,” Brown explained. “Being able to travel with those guys on the team and grow a bond with them was a great experience that I hope to do again this summer.”

Brown, who was a member of the under-16 squad last year — a team that brought back the gold-plated championship trophy by means of an undefeated run through the bracket — looks to bring back gold again, but this time with the under-17 group.

“That’s always our goal for Team USA — win it all and to (bring home) gold for my country” Brown acknowledged. “But some of my personal goals are definitely to come out like I did last year and play with a lot of aggression, play well and hopefully I can make the squad again.”

If Brown makes the cut, he will travel with the team to Barcelona, Spain to compete in the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) U-17 championships, where USA Basketball enters as the three-time defending champions.

“Being able to play in a different country, with all the best talent in the world will help me get better when the season comes around in the winter,” Brown added. “Plus, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News