ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Oregon and Kansas closing the gap in the Troy Brown, Jr. sweepstakes

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Our own Eric Bossi has informed me that he is starting to hear that Kansas and Oregon are closing the gap between them and Cal in the Troy Brown, Jr. sweepstakes. The competition is stiffening up. This does not mean Cal can't or won't get him. But, things are tightening up.

What I told Bossi in response is that Troy Brown, Jr. is hell bent on being a point guard. The presence of Charlie Moore and Jemarl Baker, Jr. (more of a 2 but still can play the 1) could be a hinderance to Cal landing Troy since he may not be confident that Cal will give him adequate minutes at the point guard position. I do think that if he were to come to Cal, Troy would have to play a off the ball a lot like Tyrone Wallace did when Justin Cobbs was the floor general. That I think is probably the biggest thing to worry about if you are Cal.

Still, that being said, I do still feel like Cal is in great position to land Troy and I do get the sense he is very much interested in the program, loves the staff, the school, etc. But, the amount of time he'll get at the point guard position, knowing him and how much he loves playing that position, will be an important factor in his decision.

Reactions: andrewvidales
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News