ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty remarkable unfolding of events

Eric Bossi

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2001
Ever since the initial flood of information that happened after Jaylen Brown's secret visit to Cal, things had really quieted down. There were no whispers coming out, nothing.

The last few days, things really started to churn behind the scenes. Guys like myself were getting info that Brown would start eliminating schools and sure enough he did. Then, the last two days things really heated up with everybody saying that it would be Michigan or Kentucky. Any positive vibes for Cal seemed to slow down and they really appeared to be one of the next cuts.

Looking at it now, I'm sure Cuonzo Martin and his staff were elated that nobody was factoring them in because it allowed them to keep operating under the radar. Next thing you know, the word comes he'll announce tonight and then he surprises most of the recruiting world with a pick of Cal.

After having a surprise go against them with Caleb Swanigan, this is a huge comeback and win for Martin and his staff.

I don't think I really need to go into much more detail about what Brown is as a player. Power driver, open court player, strong rebounder who is improving his jumper.

The real story here is the statement that Martin and his crew have made in year one. I remember being on radio in March and saying that the one program out there that could really make a statement was California's and I thought they only needed to land Ivan Rabb and some good complimentary players to do so. As it turns out, they did that and much more by adding Brown tonight.

With Brown in the fold, Cal now has a top five recruiting class in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News