ADVERTISEMENT

OV preview: 4-star WR Jason Robinson Jr.

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Former USC commit Jason Robinson Jr. is one of the top-rated offensive prospects the Bears are in pursuit of for the 2024 class. He already visited Cal earlier in the spring, and he has already set up an official visit with the program for June 23. DeSean Jackson has been one of the former Long Beach Poly players Robinson has looked to for advice, and that has played a role in how Robinson views the program. That, plus continued pursuit from Burl Toler III and the staff in Berkeley has put Cal in a strong position with him heading into the summer. Notre Dame has gained steam as a potential likely landing spot, but I was told this week by someone involved with the recruitment that the Bears should very much be considered a legitimate threat to land him when all is said and done. Robinson has found a lot that he likes about the program, and that pushed him to make it one of his first official visit stops in the process. Syracuse will host him June 9 before the Bears get him out to Berkeley on June 23.

I caught up with him to discuss his previous visit to Cal and look ahead to his official visit now that he has a better feel for the Bears after seeing the program up close in March.

"They got really good connections over there at Cal with former players and alums that have been there," he said "So, that's a real good thing they got going on over there. Then another thing is really being able to come in and just ball. Anywhere I go I'm gonna be able to ball and take a spot, but I feel like that's somewhere I'll be that man."

He released a top 10 less than two weeks ago featuring Cal, Utah, USC, Washington, Colorado, Penn State, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Florida State and Syracuse. Utah is also set to receive an official visit once the season begins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News