ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golden State Warriors

NoQuestionRox

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
Alright, I suspect there are a few Warriors fans on this board looking for some escapism from the Calpocalypse. So as a diversion, I have a W's topic.

I'm in utter disbelief how many legit good NBA players the Warriors have on their roster at this moment. It's like how many legit good teams there are in the Western Conference! I was clamoring for Moses Moody to start over Klay Thompson - and I wanted Thompson traded - last year, Now, in exchange for Thompson, the have DeAnthony Melton, Buddy Heild, and Kyle Anderson, in addition to Moody, and the roster is so deep that they could possibly put Andrew Wiggins at SG, with Kuminga at SF, Green PF, and TJD at Center. Some people say this will hurt spacing, but with Draymond hitting 3s at a decent clip again, it seems to work.

Anyway, all this is to say the roster is exceptionally deep. My question is what do you do if you are the Warriors, both in terms of lineups, and also trade strategy. I mean conventional thinking is you need to package some very good players for an elite talent to compete for a championship, and depth doesn't mean much, but I question if any team has ever had this much depth and young home drafted talent. I think Dunleavy has said how it doesn't make a lot of sense to mortgage the future when you aren't getting to championship level with a trade. Does Giannis make the Warriors a championship threat, or might they be better off not having him, and having so much depth.

Yes, it's pre-season, but the W's are #7 in 3pt Attempts/Game and #2 in 3pt FG% this preseason through four games. The Warriors are also #3 in 3pt FG% Defense. Yes, it's a small sample size, but if 3pt FG% is now the path to championship contention, it seems the current roster is well constructed. Or are the pundits right, and Warriors must make a trade to land a superstar, and who might that be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.