ADVERTISEMENT

OL King Large talks new Cal offer

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

King Large (fantastic name) added an offer from Cal this week after hearing from offensive line coach Mike Bloesch. The junior at St. John Bosco in Bellflower has started to see his recruitment pick up in recent weeks, and he's hopeful that the offer from the Bears adds to the momentum. Even if it doesn't, he's had his eye on Cal for a while now and is hoping to nail down an official visit date as he talks more with Bloesch and the Bears over the next couple weeks. Oregon is his other Power Five offer and he visited there last month while he has an official visit planned to Colorado State set for late June.

He still has some things to fine tune, but I watched him yesterday at the SJB spring game and there is definitely some talent there. He's played both tackle and guard and was working exclusively at left tackle yesterday. Bosco was the top high school team in the country last year, so Large has some quality experience under his belt already.

Here's what he had to say about his conversation with Bloesch on Wednesday that ended with his new offer:

"It was real great. A real great man. I've always had an interest in Cal seeing as they're one of the top public schools in the nation. I've always had interest in them seeing as they're Pac-12 and also really good in my major, business."

Watch some ISO clips of Large in action at yesterday's spring game below:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News