ADVERTISEMENT

Lil'Jordan Humphrey

Marc Tausend

Lazy and Disrespectful
Dec 14, 2010
Just talked to the big athlete rom Southlake Carroll, Texas. He's in Vegas for a basketball tourney. He and his mom drove to Berkeley yesterday for the visit and then headed back to Vegas today. It was his first trip to the Bay Area.

Cal made a huge impression on both of them and although he was every bit the pragmatist during our conversation I certainly got the vibe that Cal is in the drivers seat...right now.

He "loved" everything about it, from the presentation with the academic advisor (a real highlight for his mom) to the facilities and campus tours. He met with both Dykes and Franklin, which was also valuable time spent, in addition to being toured around by every recruit's favorite tour guide, Jacob Peeler.

Humphrey will visit Texas in the next week or so. In my mind, it will come down to Texas, Wisconsin or Cal. With Texas, their pursuit of him has been hot and cold. And I've heard he may not be all that into staying in-state. And if it comes down to the two OOS schools, I like where Cal is at. He also mentioned Tech and Ole Miss, but wasn't clear on if he had any intent to visit or give either too hard of a look.

With regard to future position, pretty much every school is talking WR in some capacity. No defense mentioned by anyone, which makes sense as he doesn't play defense and hasn't ever really.

In terms of a timeline for a decision, it sounds fluid. Humphrey said he may take a couple official visits if he feels like he needs to, but could very well commit before that if he thinks he's seen enough and feels he's ready. I think the sooner a commitment happens, the more it favors Cal. For what its worth, he and his mom both favored him taking all his visits and making a later decision before this trip. Hmm.

Watch this Texas visit when it happens. If he leaves Austin uncommitted then my confidence levels will go way up.

Full story to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News