ADVERTISEMENT

Just got off the phone with Je'Quari Godfrey

Trace Travers

What a Bonanza!
Staff
Apr 14, 2016
He was someone who was easy to talk to, which certainly bodes well. Here's some of the key points:

On why he picked Cal:
He'd been thinking about it for a while, talked it over with his family and since Cal was his number one choice, he figured why not do it now. His family will be able to see him play a lot, since it's only a fifteen minute drive away. I joked that it'd be easy to get home to do laundry.

On only playing football for a year:
He credits the corner on the other side, Trevor King, for helping him learn the position. He also credits the coaches for keeping the scheme simple at first, and ramping it up as he went along. He says he's never played safety, but he thinks athletically he could do it, though he feels more comfortable at corner.

He also said that he's been a Cal fan for a while, specifically liking to watch Allen Crabbe. He also played basketball at O'Dowd, with Rabb for one year. He won't be playing basketball as a Senior though

We talked about more, but I'm saving that for the article. I really enjoyed talking to him, and I do hope he succeeds at Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News