ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Knowlton gives an awful interview about Cal men's basketball

LessMilesMoreTedford

Mike Williams' Wrestling Singlet
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2018
What is this nonsense:https://www.si.com/college/cal/basketball/knowlton-on-fox
“The kind of start that we’ve had this year is just unacceptable. We take responsibility for that. I truly believe as an AD you have to show some tactical patience. You have to evaluate exactly where you are, what are the options and how can we continue to get better.

“No one’s going to make excuses. Mark’s not making excuses. We’ve had some injuries, we’ve had some COVID, we’ve had some challenges this year. But the bottom line is we’re not good enough and we are all, every single person that’s associated with this program, is working hard to set the student-athletes up for success and to find a path that will allow us to win games.”
Literally says there are no excuses then makes up excuses a sentence later.
“I’m not saying I do see an upside or I don’t see an upside. All I’m saying is I’m working with Mark, working with the program and giving them a chance to get a couple of these players back and to get that opportunity to put some wins under their belt.”

SOME wins. That is the barometer of success.
“I would say winning a national championship would satisfy everybody. Of course, that’s what everyone starts the season wanting. Are we going to be satisfied with our season? I have no idea . . . but I guarantee you we’re not satisfied with the start of the season that we’ve had.
This dude is talking about national championships with an 0-11 team.
“As we look to the future, yes, we want to get a couple of our players back. We’d like to have four of them back. And if we had four of them back that helps give us the depth we need at the guard position, the center position. All of those injured players will help us with the depth we need to compete in the Pac-12 schedule.

Haven't we known all but one of these guys were going to be injured at this point months ago? Where are the adjustments?
“It’s absolutely a concern. We want Haas to be a home-court advantage. When I think about our Stanford game last year when the entire place was rocking (with 8,773 fans), that was a home-court advantage for our student-athletes. And that’s the home environment I would love to have every single home game in Haas Pavilion.

Bragging about 75% attendance at a rivalry game is a new low. Even 3-7 Cal sold out BIg Game.

Absolutely horrendous stuff. The biggest case against firing Mark Fox is Jim Knowlton hiring his replacement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News