ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with Kianna Smith (2017 Cal WBB commit)

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just interviewed 2017 Cal women's basketball commit Kianna Smith of Troy High School in Fullerton, CA. She is a 5-11 point guard and a 3-star recruit. Here are some of the key things that she said. I'll save the rest for the article.

Kianna Smith on why she chose Cal:

"My relationships with the Cal staff and the team is one of the main reasons why I chose Cal. They are great people. On my visit I noticed how well the team gets along with the staff while being able to be pushed under them.

I also feel that academically no matter what major I go into I can get a great degree at Cal.

I feel that the way I fit into the program basketball wise when I come in my freshman year is a plus, too. I've always wanted to play into the NCAA tournament and being able to play with players like Kristine and Mikayla and everyone else, I feel like that is possible every year I am there.

It was a perfect fit for me."

Kianna Smith on other schools that were in the picture: "I was seriously considering Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State and Iowa state. I was also offered by Utah, Kansas State, Colorado."

Kianna Smith on competing in the Pac-12:

"Being able to compete against the best players in the nation is extremely exciting!

Dreamed about playing at the highest level possible since I was a kid so it's very exciting."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News