ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with 2017 3-star shooting guard Trevin Knell

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just spoke with 2017 3-star shooting guard Trevin Knell, who picked up a scholarship offer from Cal yesterday. I will thread some of the key quotes from our conservation and then save the rest for the article.

"The biggest thing I can do is space the floor and every single time I play, there’s someone that’s always close to me. It’s like the team is playing 4-4 on because they don’t want to give me any space. I can shoot the ball extremely well from beyond the arc. In these last two tournaments, I shot 70% from beyond the arc."-Trevin Knell on his strengths.

"So, I got a call from Wyking Jones. He called me after my last game in Vegas. We were talking and he made a joke. I said I’m gonna chill with the family and eat ‘smores. Coach Wyking said, 'Come on Trev! That’s kids stuff.' So, we’ve had that as a joke for a while. I’ve shot him a text of me roasting a ‘smore. Coach Martin is a great coach. He’s excited that I’ll be more mature (after my LDS mission). He has a lot of faith in me that I’ll be working out on my mission.”-Trevin Knell on his relationship with the staff.

"It matters a ton. I’ve maintained a 4.0 GPA since 7th grade. My goal is to be Academic All-State in Utah. I wanna go somewhere where the education is amazing so I can make the most of it. I wanna provide for a family and you can’t play basketball forever."-Trevin Knell on academics.

Couple of other things to note. He is receiving interest from Utah and he'll meet with them in a couple of weeks. He'll visit Cal on an unofficial at the end of August and if that goes well, he'll take an official after that. He also plans to make his decision in October before his senior season begins. He'll be serving an LDS mission (something I did as well), so he'll be reclassifying to 2019.

There are some other important things as well, but you'll just have to wait for the full article to read them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.