ADVERTISEMENT

I just caught up with 2021 MBB commit Sam Alajiki

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Hey guys, I just caught up with 2021 men's basketball commit Sam Alajiki. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

• It was cool. It was a regular basketball season. Do what you have to do every night. Just have a good time. It was good.-On his senior season.
  • I was focusing on two things where are my handle and my post game. My post game is really high level. My handle is good, too. But I’m always trying to get better at it.-On what he's focusing on.
  • We haven’t talked about playing in the post. They know I can shoot the ball and I’m athletic. I was watching Jalen Celestine a lot and Matt Bradley. Matt obviously left. I’ll probably do a lot of what they did this season. I’m planning to mostly play the 2 and the 3. -On his role for next season.
  • Pressure? I’m good at basketball! Obviously you have to perform. I’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. We’re good at basketball. We’ll definitely be better than last year.-On any pressure to really turn the program around.
  • We talk regularly. We talk to each other. We talk about obviously basketball, stuff like starting the season and basketball in California. How we’re gonna fit and how pumped we are to play college basketball. We’re just excited and grateful. We have a great opportunity to bring winning back to Berkeley. Mark Fox is a winning coach and we’re ready to rock.-On his relationship with Marsalis Roberson.
  • I know Obinna good at basketball. I’m really excited to work with him. He’s so nice. He’s a cool good. He’s strong and athletic. He’s more inside and I’m more outside. We definitely can fit in the same lineup. We’re very switchable, which is nice. Actually, all of us freshmen are switchable. We’re all a couple different inches in height apart from each other. We’ll bring better defense next year.-On his relationship with Obinna Anyanwu.
  • I’m really excited. It’s an opportunity to put Ireland on the map. A lot of the younger guys, they’re coming. But yeah, it’s obviously a great opportunity to represent my country at the college level. If I can take this twisted road to Division I college basketball, you don’t have an excuse. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve played basketball in Ireland, England, Czech Republic, France, West Virginia, and now New Jersey. I’ve been everywhere. I definitely took a difficult route compared to what most people are used to. -On putting Ireland on the map and the journey he has taken to get to this point of his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News