ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting

Calhoopfan

Drinking John Elway's Tears
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
We seem to be on a ton of very high profile 2016 and 2017 recruits. Great to see almost all of them talking about our 2015 class and how "it puts Cal on the map".

I believe we're done in 2015. I'm now with Marc that Dillard is unlikely to come to Cal. He had commitments to the Cal staff that he failed to keep academically. It's out of everyone's hand and the NCAA will have to make its decision. Timing will factor in - if he's not cleared in the next two weeks, he will almost certainly miss the 2015-16 season and that may well result in a parting of the ways regardless of a down the road NCAA decision.

I do believe that we will end up with a class of three players in 2016. For the sake of specifics to my guess work, I'll say we have two slots open up between one and done/transfer/retirement/Dillard not making it.

Look for Frayer (if he qualifies), a PG and a swing forward (Big SF/Stretch PF) to be our class. Ideally that's Dennis Smith at PG, Vance Jackson as the stretch 4 and Frayer. Plenty of other good options with interest in the Bears including Jonah Mathews, Jayce Johson, Devearl Ramsey, Jordan Ford, Tim Harrison, Trevor Stanback and Zach Collins.

Frayer has not had a strong Spring and his high school season was just okay. My sense is that this Spring is not indicative of his potential as he's likely more focused on school work than hoops given that's his biggest risk. He also needs to get stronger. I still like him but if his grades do prevent him from coming to Berkeley, I think we'll be fine.

Biggest priority for 2016 IMO is the PG position. We need a stud. There isn't a sure fire on on the west coast. Ramsey and Ford are good options but are they final four good?

Reactions: SFBAYBEAR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News