ADVERTISEMENT

Giants

NoQuestionRox

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
Begin rant-
Are there any other pissed off Giants fans here?

I've had it. As I read on another board, I'm tired of Larry Baer gaslighting the fans into claiming we would stop following the team if they became sellers and traded their best players away. News flash Larry, your team is boring AF, and I find myself rooting for them to lose more over the last two years than I do for them to win because I know how far away from contending they actually are until they admit their reality to themselves, and take appropriate actions. I'd way rather watch a 54-56 team with some future upside, than one on the downside of its ability that I know isn't going to get better next year.

The gaslighting needs to stop because real fans also know this:

The AAA Sacramento Rivercats are 15th of 16 PCL teams.
The AA Richmond Flying Squirrels are 8th of 12 Eastern League teams.
The A-Advanced San Jose Giants are 8th of 8 teams in the California League.
The A Augusta Greenjackets are 13th of 14 teams in the South Atlantic (SALLY) League

The San Jose Giants played Rancho Cucamonga (Dodgers) 11 games in July. They went 2-9 and were outscored by a 2-1 margin over those games, something like 80-40. They aren't even close to competitive with their #1 rival three divisions below MLB.

The Giants are abysmal all throughout their system and the MLB team is no better than .500 with aging stars and big contracts adding up to the 2nd highest payroll in MLB. The Red Sox are #1 in MLB, but also 40 games over .500. with the best record in MLB, with so many better players it's frankly amazing. And oh by the way, the A's are 28th, +9 games better than the Giants, and also with more Top 100 prospects.

It is an organizational imperative to trade Bumgarner and/or Cueto, and one of Posey/Belt, because Posey clearly needs to play 1B now, they've got Joey Bart to catch, and they need to refuel their system with talent. But I just read where they are maybe thinking of trading for 31 yo Twins 2B Brian Dozier. AYFKM!?!?!?! It's so bad that I was watching the Yankees a bit last night and when 1B Greg Bird got hit with a pitch in the knee I thought "I hope he has a broken knee cap so they can trade for Brandon Belt."

While it is true Brian Sabean oversaw three World Series trophies, isn't it time to throw him and the entire personnel department out the door and do a top to bottom house cleaning of the entire personnel operation? How can you trust anything these guys want to do given how pathetic their return on assets is? This team can't admit it has to become sellers to have any chance to contend in the future, something the informed fans knew in the last offseason as they tinkered around with putting lipstick on their pig of a team.

The Giants have 2 Top 100 prospects in OF Heliot Ramos and C Bart, both of whom were high first round picks any of us could have chosen. Otherwise, the Padres have 8 Top 100 prospects and the Dodgers 4. These teams get to pick from and develop the same players, but from top to bottom in the organization the Giants have demonstrated monumental incompetence compared to other teams with equivalent resources. How can you possibly trust anything the personnel department is doing? They should be sued for malpractice. A $206 million payroll getting you to 52-54 might be forgivable, but the entire system sucking, just like it did the previous season?

It now feels like being a Niners fan when Denise and John were running the team, or a W's fan when Chris Cohan owned them. I want a totally new set of eyes and perspective on everything the Giants do from a baseball operations standpoint because I don't trust anything they do any more. Hire someone from the Red Sox. Hire someone from the Indians. Hire someone from the Dodgers, Cubs or A's. Just please get the current regime the f*ck out!

-End rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News