ADVERTISEMENT

Cuonzo Martin quotes 10-25-16

BenParker

Tiger Woods' 2009 Big Game Speech
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
Cuonzo Martin quotes 10/25/16

“For me it’s very important. Because that’s not something I want to focus on when you’re dealing with contracts and then talking about those sorts of things during the season when you’re competing because my focus is obviously on the team and winning basketball games. So, it’s great to get it out of the way.”-Cuonzo Martin on the contract extension

“He’s doing fine. We obviously had a scrimmage. It’s his foot, but he’s fine. He should be in practice tomorrow. Just precaution to wear the boot, but he’s fine. No twist, no roll. Again, it’s just precaution.”-Cuonzo Martin on Ivan Rabb’s injury

“Kingsley’s right hand. Kingsley’s been out a week. Probably going on two weeks now with his right hand. We should have him here back in the fold in the next, I would imagine. I think he sees a doctor Wednesday or Thursday and then we like to think he’s back next week.”-Cuonzo Martin on Kingsley Okoroh

“Oh yes, without a doubt. I think Ivan’s practicing tomorrow. I’d be surprised if he’s not out on the floor tomorrow. I think Kingsley, oh yeah. So the third, yeah. I’d imagine he’s on the floor.” –Cuonzo Martin on the status of Kingsley and Ivan for the November 3 exhibition

“I think he’s doing a good job working in that area as well as Sam. Jabari, Roger, they’re seniors. They’re doing a good job, even Grant Mullins. But Domingo is really shooting the ball well and I think what happens when he plays well his confidence goes up and he’s more vocal. All of a sudden the next phase for him is whether or not his shtos are going in to maintain that level of confidence from start to finish but he’s playing at a high level right now.”-Cuonzo Martin on Stephen Domingo’s leadership

“I don’t know if it’s necessarily a change, because I just think when the shots go in for him and he’s a different type of player when the shots are falling. I think that’s the big key and hopefully he can maintain that where shots are falling because he’s a different player when that happens. And, not all the time, but in a lot of cases when guys are shooters the game is based on rhythm and shots falling and their confidence kinda goes whether shots are going or not so if he can maintain that level of confidence where he’s shooting the ball at a high level then his whole game opens up he does so many other things for our team.” –Cuonzo Martin on what has changed in Stephen Domingo

“Well I think with Ivan, I don’t know if it’s necessarily improvements, like there’s something he was struggling with. I just think the continued growth as a basketball player. Obviously he’s done a good job with his body; I think the biggest thing with him is just demanding the ball. Having the presence where he demands the ball, where its not so much as drawing a play for him or Sam getting him the ball, where he demands it without saying it. Because he does a great job rebounding the basketball, keeping balls alive, and just really having the confidence to shoot his perimeter shot in games as well.”-Cuonzo Martin on what he wants out of Ivan Rabb this year

“Yes without a doubt. That’s a combination of us as a staff getting him the ball and also him demanding it and having a presence to want the ball every time down. The thing I’ve talked to him, because he wants the ball, but my thing with Ivan is wanting the ball every possession down the floor and being a threat.” –Cuonzo Martin on whether or not Ivan will get more touches

“Well the thing with Grant as a senior, guy that can make shots, he’s a guy that can play both the point guard and off guard position, he shoots the ball very well, he pushes the ball and he makes good decisions with the basketball. He knows how to probe the defense, he finds his big guys in the post, able to find the shooters running in transition, but he’s also a threat when he’s off the ball you know because of his ability to shoot the ball and come off ball screens. And I think the thing that he brings, the element of ball handling, of decision making, and a guy that can make shots at the same time.” –Cuonzo Martin on Grant Mullins

“I don’t know if we’re close with the level of the guys, where they’re competing. But I think that’s a good problem to have right now as far as deciding the starting five. It could change throughout the season, but I’ve never been one to constantly change lineups but it’s jut hard to say right now with the way guys are playing basketball, with the way they are competing, it’s too tough to say. Not to say I’m not giving any information, but it really is because the level guys are playing.”-Cuonzo Martin on figuring out the backcourt rotation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News