ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment: Central Catholic safety Brooklyn Cheek announces commitment to Cal

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

This one came as a little bit of surprise today but this afternoon, Central Catholic safety Brooklyn Cheek announced his commitment to Cal. The Bears have been the most active program in his recruitment, and when he moved up his visit to Berkeley it cemented the program as the leader. He's been on campus multiple times. Oregon made a push earlier in the year but Washington State had been the program making the strongest push alongside Cal.

He's a solid player with length and is a target who has been on the radar for the Bears for a long time.

Here's what he previously told me about his impressions of Cal: "Cal is amazing to me. Coach Terrence Brown texts me almost every day and checks up on me, and you can tell he really cares about me as a student, not just an athlete. So, they're super loving, and obviously it's right around the corner only like 70 miles from where I live. So to get to have all my family come watch the games that'd be an amazing thing. It's definitely on the table there, too."

He is likely to come in as a free safety at Cal. Cheek had a top four of Cal, Washington State, Arizona and Arizona State before coming to a decision. Oregon, UNLV, Utah State and Campbell University were his other offers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News