ADVERTISEMENT

Cal gets a commitment from a JuCo DE

Marc Tausend

Lazy and Disrespectful
Dec 14, 2010
Quite a week.

Cal received a commitment from Russell "Rusty" Becker of Minnesota State Community and Technical College-Fergus Falls. This is not a joke, that is a real school.

Short story version: He's a 6'4/255 pound SDE. He camped at Cal for the JuCo camp last Sunday and considerably impressed the staff. He returned to campus on Tuesday, where he was offered and committed. He'll have 3 to play 2.

This dude is about as under the radar as you can get, which makes sense considering his recent physical blossoming into a viable FBS prospect. It fills a need certainly.

In reviewing his Hudl, Becker moves quite well for a big fella and certainly looks the part. The level of competition, and level of play in general, is putrid though. It'll be an adjustment for him when he gets to Cal. But the physical tools looks to be in place. Still a lot of question marks, but the staff probably believes they've unearthed a potential gem here. When I look at Becker, I see a guy that would come out of nowhere and potentially turn into a monster at a Big 10 type program...think a Nebraska or Wisconsin type DL. Which puts the onus on the staff to hold onto him now that the secret will get out and other programs will come sniffing around. Not only that, but he'll need further developing to fully realize his potential.

I'll be working to get in touch with Becker today. Week's ain't over.

Hudl

Reactions: SFBAYBEAR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News