ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Baseball, AD Williams, and tanaka insights

CalGreg

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2009
tanaka made a compelling post in the cochrane monster of a thread, and I think it may get buried there. His quote

"honestly what is happening with the baseball program makes me a whole lot less optimistic about williams and his ability to do the right thing... they had this right in their face and completely blew the future of the program and it was so friggin obvious"

I agree, though giving Williams the benefit of the doubt, there may be some mitigating circumstances. Does anyone know or can find out who is pulling the strings on any baseball head coach decisions? Is it Williams or is it the guys who saved the program financially? If williams is empowered to make the call, then I completely agree with tanaka, that willliams has shown a terrible lack of judgement to let Neu get away, and what does that say about his future decisions.

But if the money guys that saved the program are pulling the strings to keep esquer around at the expense of losing Neu, then I'd be willing to give William's some slack. There's an argument to be made that either way Williams crapped the bed here, but at least in my opinion, if the big backers want esquer, than it would be much more difficult for williams to make a change that some would find controversial. If not for them, there is no cal baseball.

I certainly want to believe that the new Cal AD isn't a complete dipshit when it comes to coaching decisions, but losing Neu makes that difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News