ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon McIlwain

Grant Marek

What a Bonanza!
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2009
The Bears still only have three QB offers out for 2016 and one of those three will make his decision on Dec. 31st (so in a week!) and has Cal as one of his final four along with South Carolina, Penn State, and Auburn. That one is Brandon McIlwain, who we had the scoop on wayyyy back during spring camp.

Tony Franklin has been on him since Day 1 -- offer came in March -- and McIlwain visited Cal over the summer during one of their camps, is originally from the Bay Area, and the Bears have made their interest known for some time now and McIlwain has been very interested. That said, I think he commits to South Carolina. Even if he does though, wouldn't rule him out as a possibility for 2016. Lots of interest there on both sides, he's liked what he has seen out of Cal, and they leap frogged a few other schools to even get into the top 4 -- they were on the fringe of his top 7 a few weeks ago. I think Cal has a big year in 2015 and I think a lot of these guys who have Cal already up there (like McIlwain) want in if Sonny and Co break through, especially an offensive guy like Brandon who has ties to the area. Either way, really solid job of even identifying this kid (who's all the way out in Newtown, Pennsylvania now, and connecting all of the dots. I've though since they offered there could really be something here.

Anyway, keep an eye out while the ball is dropping on NYE just in case...

Bio here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News