ADVERTISEMENT

Being a Cal Fan in 2023...

horsemon

Rankings don't matter
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2012
What a ****ing repeated kick in the nuts kind of day. Absolute incompetence and mismanagement has resulted in Cal Athletics (not just football) staring into the abyss. Not to mention every hillbilly f*ckface from Eugene to Fort Worth to West Virginia is mocking/celebrating our demise on social media.

There is a large contingent of us out there who passionately care about Cal football and athletics. The fact that people like us still even exist at all despite decades of failed leadership reveals that we're an insanely loyal (or sick... or both?) bunch.

Its time to circle the wagons. No more self loathing and infighting... the rest of the college football world apparently is happy to shit all over us.

I plan to call/email/text/carrier pigeon the University every day. Tell them they do not get another cent (for athletics or anything else) in the form of donations until Jim Knowlton is replaced. Individually, I dont matter, but collectively as a fanbase, we very much matter.

On the other hand, as much as I acknowledge the validity of the "i'm not going to pay to go to games and support this bullshit financially" logic, I think Cal fans HAVE to show up in force this season. Apathy and an empty stadium will never get us a seat at the table in the new college football landscape. I will go to as many games as possible this Fall... buying the cheapest tickets i can find.

Its a weird balance absolutely loathing our AD and leadership, while simultaneously wanting to support and lift up our student athletes and collective community as much as possible. But that's where my heads at. Curious how the rest of you are looking at this season, going to games, donations, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News