ADVERTISEMENT

4-star CB Rodrick Pleasant

Matt Moreno

Really Flying Around Out There
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Rodrick Pleasant will be at Cal this weekend after playing in his ninth game of the year last night. The four-star cornerback will make the trip out to Berkeley with his teammate and fellow Bears target Frederick Williams III as the pair takes its second official visit together after both visiting Boston College in the summer. Pleasant has been seeing increased attention from USC and Oregon remains heavily involved as well, but he was open with me about why the Bears have stayed in the picture.

"Relationships. It starts off with relationships. They believed in me when nobody else did. They're recruiting me hard, and we've built a really good bond."

Justin Wilcox has personally been involved with Cal's pursuit of Pleasant and he also has strong relationships with Tre Watson and Terrence Brown. It will be a good opportunity for the Bears to try and make a run at Pleasant as he pushes forward in the process this fall. He was sporting some Cal gloves at his game last night, and he is keeping the Bears as a legitimate option on his list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News