ADVERTISEMENT

2025 PG Semetri "TT" Carr breaks down Cal commitment: "This is home."

Matt Moreno

Really Flying Around Out There
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

I caught up with new Cal point guard commit Semetri Carr to discuss his decision to pick the Bears while on an official visit yesterday. It was the only time he changed up his process, which has typically meant taking some time after a visit to assess his true feelings. The Bears made a ton of headway in recent months since offering in June, and he had a good idea before the trip that it would be the school he'd commit to when the dust settled.

His relationship with the Bears coaches, led by associated head coach Adam Mazarei and player development coach Shasha Brown, helped him decide that he doesn't want to leave the Bay Area.

"I think it really checked all of my boxes, but the pushing factor for me was the coaching staff and opportunity," Carr told Golden Bear Report about his decision to commit to Cal over the weekend. "I feel like I can thrive with the style of play there. But, mainly, coach Madsen, coach Maz (Adam Mazarei) and all the assistant coaches, and him having his NBA experience, I feel like having that as my head coach is special.

"They have a lot of NBA sets. They like to go fast, push the ball down the court, and I feel like it just matched me. The vibe I got from Cal, it just felt right. It felt like home."

Read the full update at the link above with plenty of quotes about his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.