ADVERTISEMENT

2023 WR Surahz Buncom wants a Cal offer

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

Surahz Buncom is a versatile two-way athlete at Mater Dei Catholic down in Chula Vista. He primarily plays receiver but could play on defense as well. He has great length and has some good speed as well. I watched him recently and he was more impressive in person than I anticipated. He visited Arizona last week and was out at Kansas earlier in the month. He picked up an offer from Kansas State within the last few weeks while Pittsburgh and Colorado are a couple of his other offers.

Buncom, who is the younger brother of former Stanford safety Frank Buncom, has not been offered by Cal but he REALLY wants an offer from Cal. He has been communicating with the staff, and when I watched him at a recent seven-on-seven tournament he was sporting Cal gloves. He's gone on record previously saying that Cal is his dream school, but we'll see if the Bears ever decide to jump into the mix. There are definitely higher priorities but should some things fall through with other guys he is someone to know about.

“I want to major in business, and their business program is one of the top business programs. So, I definitely like their business program. I like their coaching staff. Coach [Burl] Toler, coach [Terrence] Brown, coach Tre Watson. I’ve been in contact with coach AT (Aristotle Thompson) as well, but especially coach Toler and I like him. I like the relationship that I’ve built with them along with the Bay Area. I love the Bay Area as well. It’s mainly the business program and the relationship that I’ve built with the coaches.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News