ADVERTISEMENT

2023 DE Carson Mott excited about Cal after Monday visit

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

2023 DE Carson Mott called it an early Christmas present when he received word that he was being offered by Cal last month. Since then he has continued to build a relationship with Keith Heyward, and Monday he decided to make the trip from Simi Valley up to Berkeley to experience an unofficial visit with the program. He told me that it exceeded his expectations, and he is certainly feeling good about the program right now. After speaking with him, it is clear Cal is the program that is most active in his recruitment. Things are just getting going though, and he wants to get to know more schools before coming to a decision. He is someone who I sense will be getting a lot more offers once the spring recruiting season hits and more coaches are able to see him in person, so making this early move should be big for Cal.

I do think the Beards only strengthened their position with him on the visit. He said getting a chance to meet Justin Wilcox was a highlight for him, and the Cal head coach was a much different person than he was expecting - in a good way. He also said his parents really enjoyed the trip as well. All in all, it was a good trip and could prove to be an important one for the Bears in the long run.

Here's one of the key quotes from the story linked at the top.

“All my questions were answered. Everything was met to expectation and more, but I was super excited for the pictures in the locker room and getting a try on the gear. See basically what the players go through every day, whether it be the rehab facilities, the workout rooms, and just things like that. Definitely the highlight was their locker room and getting to try on the gear and take pictures. It was super fun. I was excited for that.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News