ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors this weekend? recruiting strategy?

capnted

Drinking John Elway's Tears
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
Trace - Do you have any idea if Cal is hosting visitors this weekend? And who might we expect to see both official and unofficial?

Also I see numerous Crystal Ball predictions for Mater Dei S William Nimmo to UCLA. While that is not a surprise per se, I do find it odd that he says Cal has not or maybe will not set up an OV for him. I know the staff wants to try and save as many of the OVs til after the season so they can use their committed players to help work on those deciding later. Also they are hoping to spend a bit more time with the players than an OV during a game weekend may provide. But it seems some players want that OV. That it matters to them. To see a game, feel the intensity, see the team up close.

Wondering aloud here, does Cal feel they have the credibility to ask these players to wait and do an OV later? Seems to me that as recruiting decisions are coming earlier and earlier it is a big risk to ask players you have recruited and supposedly like to wait. Nimmo for example has some other options ie; UCLA .

It is one thing to ask the locals to unofficial and commit because they can get to campus much easier and develop relationships with staff. But those out of the area is different. Even SoCal is not easy for many. It is a long drive and there is a greater cost to come. This staff has spent few OVs thus far to attract a 20 person class. But the balance of the class will be harder to convince. I would hope the staff gets some guys on campus soon and see the program on a game day. Not quite sure why they believe it so much harder to have OVs during the season than say UW, USC or UCLA.

I know they are hopeful to have late OVs during post season bowl prep. That seems a bit optimistic right now frankly. Nimmo is a good player from a top HS program and he carries an offer. Why does it now seem like the staff is slow playing him? Hard to imagine they feel real strong bout adding Woodie or McGill right now.

Just curious your thoughts and if Cal is expecting anybody here this weekend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News