ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2023 QB CJ Tiller talks Cal offer

Matt Moreno

Shining. 365 days a week.
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
cal.rivals.com

CJ Tiller is committed to Boise State, but he is clear about the fact that he wants to take all five of his official visits if he can. Cal as entered the picture as one of the schools Tiller is now likely to visit in the fall after offering him over the weekend. He is originally from Arizona but playing in California now down at Rancho Cucamonga High where he has started to see his stock rise heading into his senior season. He was unaware that Cal was even interested, but that quickly went away as he spoke with Bill Musgrave and was offered by the Bears. Now, it's a program he has a lot of interest in as he looks ahead to figure out if a school will pull him away from the Broncos.

"They called me and the first time they were just telling me about their offense, the history with Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff being there, and numerous other guys that have went to the league. He talked to me about that and we ended the conversation there. Then I’m driving on the freeway and I get a call from him again, and he just throws the offer. So, it’s very exciting to see. I am committed right now, but I do expect to take all five of my official visits and see how things work from there.”

Tiller passed for 2,458 yards to go with 27 passing touchdowns against eight interceptions last season as a junior at Williams Field HS in Gilbert, Arizona. He has trained with the same QB coach as Kai Millner and Jack Plummer in Arizona, so there is some familiarity there. He is planning on graduating early, so his hope is to move quickly once the season begins to come to a final decision about his future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News